Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Flashback to 2008

We got lucky this year and didn't get hit with the deep snow like some.  But I came across these pictures I took in 2008.  It was beautiful but no fun digging out. 
Take a look...

This was the first evening of the big snow...


The next morning, a few inches more...



We ended up with almost 2 feet of snow and no power.

Two days later, it still looked like this...


I stayed home for 3 days waiting for the slow melt.


 Can't wait until the deck looks like this again...


Come on Spring!

Thanks for visiting!

~Joyce


5 comments:

kathee said...

Maybe I better show Charley this...do we really want to move there? It has been in the 80's for the past few weeks...it just turned cold (60's) and rained the other day...I'm sucha a hot house baby!

I do love the pictures thou...
xoxokathee

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What pictures!! I need the reminder of just what 'snowbound' can look like--While I am really hoping for snow, I don't want the volume that means I can't go anywhere...

Kathy said...

Oh, I remember it well. We parked our rides in the the wrong order in the driveway and had to dig out the 2-wheel drive so we could get the 4-wheel drive out. Bah!!!

lvroftiques said...

it's all so beautiful and enchanting until the power goes out huh? Joyce your deck is amazing! Yeppers I'm pinning it girlfriend *winks* Vanna

Into Vintage said...

I was living in Vancouver that winter and was so grateful to be just 2 blocks from a grocery store. This year in Hood River winter has been a bit of a mess this past week but I'm grateful we only lost power for 6 hours.

Snow is so pretty but such a pain sometimes. :-)