Tuesday, September 23, 2014

In Memory of Sam...

I've been away from my blog for a few months now and a lot has happened since.  But the most devastating news came in June when we found out that we were going to lose our beloved Sam man to cancer and there was nothing we could do to save him.  We tried Chemo, medication, high protein foods, anything to keep him feeling well as long as we could. 




He looked very intimidating, but he was a gentle giant.  He was a sweetheart and he loved everybody.  He loved the outdoors and going everywhere with us. And he also loved being indoors with us.  He would steal my warm spot on the sofa every chance he got when I'd get up. And, he was a bed hog...I loved spooning him.  He was spoiled rotten...but I wouldn't have it any other way.



In the end, it came down to his quality of life and he let us know he was ready to leave.  For those of you who are dog lovers, you know this is one of the hardest decisions you'll ever have to make, but the right decision.  On September 11th, we kissed him goodbye as he took his last breath.  In my heart I know his sister was waiting for him on the other side of rainbow bridge.  They are together again, forever, as they were in this life. 


We lost his sister, Sissy, to cancer three years ago and we all have missed her ever since.
It gives me comfort to know they are together again, without pain.


They had an amazing, adventurous and happy life together.
They are my shining stars.


Sam man, this blog is dedicated to you, my love.  Our home is not the same without you. We miss you dearly and all the joy and love you brought us.
We will always love you and we will never ever forget you.

Rest in Peace & Comfort
2005 - 2014

5 comments:

Little Cottage said...

So sorry for your loss, Joyce!
-Sylvi

Holly Myers said...

My hearts breaks for you... XO

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

So sorry for your loss. We lost our shepherd. He was only 2 years old due to kidney failure, genetic. No matter how old they are they are such a special part of our lives. Always there for us. We were so lucky that we were blessed with Dante for the two short years we had him. He will forever be in our hearts as I am sure your beloved will be. Try to remember that he is probably going to always watch over you:) That always helps me. Take care. Sending hugs your way.
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear about Sam. I do know the pain you are experiencing- we lost our Corgi, Henry, just a month ago. We still look for him and so do our other dogs. They certainly leave an empty space in the family when it's time to go. I'm happy to know that Sam is with his Sissy. They'll be waiting for you until you can be together again.
Hugs and my deepest sympathy to you.
Tina

Bohemian said...

I'm so very sorry for your Loss... what a Lovely Tribute to your Fur Babies in Remembrance of them both. This year we had to make a similar painful decision for our Beloved Yul as he had developed Feline Lukemia and was suffering... not to mention he could have transmit it to the others. Rusty passed on his own probably from the same thing a few months later even tho' he had appeared the picture of health, so that was even more of a shock... but thankfully the other two seem to be okay and I'm so relieved. The attachment to our Fur Baby Family Members is just as binding and the Love equally strong, so the Loss is just as profound. A big Hug from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian