Monday, August 15, 2011

Camp Ruffin it...

Just got back from an over night camping trip and although it was just a one-nighter, it felt so good to get out of the city and be surrounded with nature. The weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful. 

This was our first campout in 11 years! I know! We've been asking ourselves why we waited so long.  Who knows...life happens, you get busy, unforseen things happen that change your path and make you realize it's time to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life like getting back to nature and smelling the outdoors.  
Our favorite camp ground use to be Swift reservoir at the base of Mt. St. Helens but we discovered new territory when we unexpectedly found Swift camp ground full.  It forced us to drive further north in search of a new place.  The next stop we happened on to was a remote camp site we hadn't heard of before but it was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen.  This is what we saw...  
What a perfect camp spot, but unfortunately, not ours.  Someone else had already nabbed it. Damn! 

So off we went.  It was getting late but we weren't ready to give up hope so we tried one last camping area called Horse Camp 9300 and viola...one camp site left!  Whoo hoo, score!  And it was in a perfect spot, very private, quite and beautiful. 
Who doesn't love sitting in front of a crackling camp fire in the middle of the woods ...with a glass of wine in hand...heaven. This is what we drove three hours for and well worth it.

Gotta love nature and waking up to this view

I love cookin on a camp fire and the next morning it was scrambled eggs and bacon,  toast and a fresh pot of coffee. Is that a good lookin breakfast or what!


This was Sammy's first campout and loved every minute of it. He's quite the outdoorsmen!

After enjoying a beautiful day in the woods, it was time to pack up and head home.
We're already planning our next trip.

Hope you enjoyed it!

~Joyce

P.S.  I had more pictures to show you but I'm having trouble getting them to download. Don't know if it's blogger or what but it's frustrating...(insert frowny face)

 



6 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Oh Joyce that looks like a perfect getaway! I haven't gone camping in years either, but I really love it so I don't know why we never seem to manage to get around to it?
That breakfast looks delish!! And I can certainly see why Sammy would have a blast! *winks* Too bad you missed that spot with the waterfall...can you say "WOWSER!!" but it looks like you did just fine. Vanna

Patina said...

Joyce, it looks like a very relaxing time. Love all the pretty woodsy area around your campsite. And yes, the breakfast looks yummy! I'm glad Sammy had a good time too!
Debbie

Bohemian said...

Magnificent locale Joyce... I would have been gatecrashing that one campsite just because of the view... intrusive, yeah, but hey, I'd bring refreshments and something tasty to eat. *winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Anonymous said...

I like camping too and your spot was peaceful, the campfire was wonderful...we have them all the time in our back yard...I can't get enough of them...lol...love your picture on Barn House Market day with your little trailers...I've gotta get me one!!
lol...We have a two room tent and sleeping bags right now...awe shucks!...lol...I'm looking for a good, clean campfire coffee pot right now...I've got the rod iron pans...I'm getting there...lol...Mel's Designs from the Cabin enjoys your blog....Mel
(from Nashville)

homes in Philippines said...

Wow! It was an incredible post. I like also the place and I find it adventurous and fabulous. Thank you for sharing and keep posting fantastic post like this.



Charles A

make money online said...

Great blog I enjoyed reading it.