Thursday, July 14, 2011

Soothing the Soul...

The heartache and emptiness that you feel after losing a beloved pet is agonizing to say the least.  Nothing can take away the pain except time. 

We decided a drive might take our minds off things and so we found ourselves heading to a place we hadn't been for years...
  This beautiful ten mile lake is at the base of Mt. Saint Helen and seems to go on forever..Swift Reservoir  
This was our favorite place to camp for years. We loved it here and have great memories.

Coming up here made us realize how much we miss camp fires and looking out over the lake.  There is nothing more soothing. 

  We have vowed to go camping here again before summer's end.
Because life is just too short.

We miss you dearly, Sissy.
~Sweet dreams~


4 comments:

Gayle said...

That's a beautiful area....thanks for posting those pics and bringing back a few memories for me as well.

lvroftiques said...

I hope it did help to ease your soul my friend...I know you're right... it takes time.....but such a beautiful place has got to help if only a little. Vanna

Kindred Roses said...

My favorite Red Headed Sista!!!
You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much she meant to you...See you this afternoon
Julie

PDX Perspectives said...

Lovely bblog you have